Thursday, August 20, 2009

Throwback Thursday: 70s Edition


So Since this the innaugural week of the blog, I figured it best to go with the 70s. Mainly because the main logo is a Disco Ball and I do tend to love to, well DISCO!

So the main Throwback on tap is "I Feel Love" by, Donna Summer. In my opinion, this song set the standard for what was to come in the following decades; the synth sound of New Wave and Electronic era of the future. Not only was it a different sound than all of the standard disco songs, producer Giorgio Marauder had created a new sound that was both refreshing and strange.

To this very day, the song still sounds as fresh and new as the day it was created, so much so that even Madonna had used "I Feel Love" in the opening of her best selling "Confessions"tour. To this day, it still can rival that of the dance songs of the current day...

So here it is, The Throwback Thursday Tune Of The Day :o)

Single Version:



Live Version:

No comments:

Post a Comment